Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Covers that Have Meaning (Week 8)




My album cover of choice that reminds of me of a contemporary album is none other than “Genesis- We Can’t Dance.” This cover has a simple look yet an important meaning. The cover shows a drawing that can clearly be seen as father and son together looking at the sky. In the background the sun shines on them. The drawing represents a perfect day as everything in the drawing seems perfect. I remember when my parents purchased the Genesis CD when I was in grade three. I remember looking at the childlike cover and loving it. The cover had something the both children and parents could look at. The father-son in my opinion has an important meaning and the way it’s drawn on a mountain like hill makes it that more special. I believe the meaning of the father and son is to show closeness that the two have for one another.
An album cover that I found on the website
www.alexsteinweiss.com was one that appealed to the eye, incorporating two objects. The cover incorporates a theatre screen board and a record disk in the background. This picture is very intriguing as it has nice clean and smooth look to it. I like the combination of the two old school elements. I also really like the red lines on the record disk. The redness gives it a more vibrate and sharp look.

The Genesis cover along with the cover found on alexsteinweiss.com reminds me of contemporary covers.

No comments: