Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dreamweaver (Week 11)

This week in my digital media lab class, we were introduced to Adobe Dreamweaver. This program helps individuals create websites without them having to know the HTML tags. Adobe Dreamweaver is an example of a What You See is What You Get web. Essentially WYSIWYG is used to describe a system in which content displayed during the editing and creating stages is similar to the finished product. Dreamweaver is a good program because it helps us with the HTML. When I first started using it I was a little confused however, Professor Henry and lab assistant Joanna further explained and helped me with some minor issues I was having. One problem I was having was linking the websites to the page. Instead of linking the webpage’s I was told an easier way was to save each individual file. This was really helpful as it made things really easy and quick since my three individual webpage’s were clearly labelled and connected to the index page. Other than that issue, the tutorial was very clear to follow.
Our final assessment is to create a personal website which will critique in class on week 13. This assignment is strictly to assess the skills we've learned on Dreamweaver, over the last two weeks. Professor Henry is marking us on a pass or fail mark basis. The mark will go towards are class participation. Professor Henry has told us that week 12 of our tutorial class would be a work period for our websites. This is a great idea as we can ask questions if we are having any difficulty.
For this final mini assignment I was thinking of creating a website focused on vacation destinations. Since all images have to be our own or royalty free, this topic will make it easier for me to include them. My brother three years ago went on a European Trip that lasted for six weeks. In that time he took thousands of photos and as a result I have the option of picking several images for my personal website. I am planning on having three or four pages that connect to my homepage. It was very difficult choosing which photos I want to include in my website however, I decided to choose Switzerland, France, and Italy. Each page will include different photos of each European Country. The first page will be my index page with navigation to the other pages. The first page will connect to the Switzerland webpage. The page will contain pictures of the beautiful Swiss Alps and scenery. Each page will contain pictures of its own country. I plan to make some affects for each image but I still have to decide what effects to use. Each webpage will essentially include a couple images and a brief history of the country destination.

Here are edited images using Fireworks of the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty both located in France.











No comments: